Views:327 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2018-11-18 Origin:Site
Today, there is a wide variety of filling machines which include; Siphon Filler, the Vacuum filler, Gravity Filler, Rotary Filling machines and Pressure Filler. Navigating this range of liquid filling equipment with their unique features usually pose a daunting task and most times confusing.
While there’s no one size fits all solution, there are some important considerations which any buyer of filling machine (especially those making their purchase from China) need consider so that you can acquire the right filling machine that will match your production facility. Let's take a quick look at them thus;
1. Consider the ease of cleaning: You need to make sure that the equipment you want to buy is easy to clean and maintain. The filling machines to be purchased should be made of FDA-approved sanitary materials to ensure safety. Also ensure that the nozzle can easily be kept clean which is very necessary when filling bottles. A good idea is to go for the relatively simpler designs which lacks nooks and crannies which provides a hiding spot for microorganisms.
2. Containers to be used: You should consider the material your intended container will be made of, maybe it could be PET, Glass, or Aluminium. Secondly, also to consider about the container is the mouth of the container. Some come in a round shape, while others have square opening. Finally, the shape of the container is as well important. Knowing that each container specification has their own specific filling technique, and requirement will properly guide you on which filling machine to purchase.
3. Choose the filler depending on how the product dictates: Timed-flow or overflow machine is necessary for products like the beverages and other free-flowing liquids. For the more viscous products, you might need the piston or positive displacement filling machines.
4. The Type of product: Very important about your choice of a filling machine is your product. Some liquid products are carbonated while other are not. In this case, for a carbonated product, your liquid filling machine must be fitted with a compatible carbonator that injects CO2 into the product before filling into the container.
5. The speed of bottle filling: Is faster better? Well, it depends on your choice. Most filling machines are designed to function fully automatic, semi-automatic or manually (though rarely in vogue). From such designs, it is clear that the fully automatic will definitely have a higher product turn out than the manual. It is now left for you to gauge your product demand and go for the best that will suit your production adequately.
6. Number of Filler Heads: beverage filing machines vary from each other based on the number of filler heads. This again boils down to the production rate of your factory. For a high demanded product, you should make order for your filing machine with many filling heads. This is important because there is no standard number of heads in filling machine, they are designed based on specification. With this, the number of bottles getting filled at the same time will actually make up and match the demand of your product.
7. Viscosity of Product: It is quite important to consider the product viscosity before making your final choice of a liquid filling machine. Liquid products may come with different level of viscosity such as extremely thick or viscous, semi-viscous, or free-flowing. Your filling rate can be greatly impacted by the Product. This is because extremely thick or viscous liquid will take a longer time to get filled up than a free-flowing liquid will do within the same time frame. Accurately identifying you product viscosity is a big step in the right direction towards your filling machine purchase.
It is important not to overlook your future production needs when making order or specification for your filling machine. It is easier and better to buy with future growth in mind than trying to upgrade your equipment after the fact.